Monday, April 22, 2024

Soft Rebooting In…

So, was thinking of a little soft rebooting things a bit up! Given how I did say the continuity fluctuates and thus it can already be rather flexible, I of course just mean I wanna “refresh” some things a little. As said early on my writing was quite “rusty” after a whole but I had gotten more used to it as I continuously wrote more uploads here. I don’t want things to get too lengthy when writing this (as I did on my first attempt when writing this lol) but I do want to put a bit of a “divider” so to speak for the “pre-soft reboot” section and the “post-soft reboot” section.

To simplify things more, I wanna try and do things a little bit more on the “visual” side. That means make more art and comics. Won’t be dropping literature entirely but this “pre-soft reboot section” I will kinda call the “primarily literature” era. For literature you often are gonna have to be super wordy with things and explain things a lot, well not all the time and it depends on what and how you write, but I think my literature stuff does enough “exposition” and “info-dumping” on the basic mechanics and functions of the world that it’s enough for now. If one is into all that kind of stuff and doesn’t mind it going on into everything else, then starting with that section is for you.

However, some may want to start a story with way more questions than answers, being more oblivious to what’s going on and how things function until much later as well as a bunch of mystery. So, I hope for the main difference between the more visual era and the primarily literature is that, after the soft reboot, it can start out way more “mysterious” or with way more questions than answers until any sense of clarity is given out later. If you want to start with the more soft-rebooted side of things, then view the pre-soft reboot era as more of a “prequel” in a sense.

I have written over 20 to nearly 30 stories that are like, how do I say… chapters, episodes, issues? Whatever the case, when it comes to things like a show this can make up something like an entire season, and heck, can even be the amount for entire shows themselves. So maybe calling it a bit of a semi-prequel isn’t that much of a stretch after all? And hey, at least not everything has been entirely after before so there is a bit of that right? Either way, either if you want to view things through the lens of sequels and prequels or different seasons, arcs, sagas and other story segmenting concepts, just know there is some sort of division at least, ha ha.

Alright, well I hope this provides a decent divider between the two sections then. So, remember, anything before this post is before the soft reboot and anything after is, well, after. Okay then, take care!