Sunday, November 5, 2023

Happy November Betty Boop


First new post of the month and first new post after I decided to no longer make new uploads to DA, the original place where I publicly announced my AU. Hopefully, those interested have decided to just check here instead. I also created a backup blog/site on weebly that you can check right here, as I heard blogspot may have the tendency to delete blogs without warning, I just wanted to be super extra careful and safe and make sure I made a backup while I still haven't posted all that much than waiting after I had done so much.

So, I really wanted to do something for the rest of October, but for many reasons I could/ended up not doing. It is November, but still fall and pumpkin season, so I drew Betty holding a jack-o-lantern to signify that it is still only early November, and some jack-o-lanterns may be around for some. But hey, we can still have pumpkins right? Wanted to also try and draw some different, but simple, clothes for the pic that are sorta fall colors-ish. I also was planning on drawing her nails in, but it looked weird/couldn't get it to look right, so I just ended up not going for it. Some blush was added here to look a bit more "lively" and I like it.

I'm gonna have to really train my self to get used to not making more stuff on/for DA, as that was my main art posting place for the longest. But I can, will and should get over it. Plus posting on your own blog(s) can and should be fun. At least you have some more control over it. So yep, gonna have to keep on teaching myself to get used to these new circumstances. Even though I wanted to still post stuff on that site with this AU, and perhaps even grow a small following on there, I'm hoping all those interested in the AU are now just checking out here. As the reasons people are leaving that site are understandable and we all gotta do so.

Okay, enough about deviantfart. Look at the cute little pumpkin!