Friday, September 29, 2023

Some Pre-Blog Werepoodle AU Art

Here's some drawings I drew on DeviantArt in relation to my AU but have yet to share here:


This one titled "Betty Boop and her Stupid Idiot Gang" with the link being right here. The description of this image has given some good slight details about my AU and some ideas I have a bit and ones I omitted and the reasons why. I wanted to just copy and paste the description here but trying to transfer DA text over here can be glitchy and frustrating so I'll just be sharing the link. The next drawings will also have links to the DA version so you can also see their own more descriptive descriptions. (Originally posted to DA on 9/22/2023)


A Turning Red parody, link is here. Simply titled "Turning Boop." Mainly inspired by how I noticed some coincidental similarities between my AU ideas and the plot and characterization of the main character in the Turning Red movie. Also found it funny how Betty can sometimes be depicted as a redhead. (Originally posted to DA on 3/24/2022)



The original/my first werepoodle drawing. So one thing, as you can see this image implicates Betty would shift her look depending on night or day, which may be a bit contradictory to how in the first of the Werepoodle Diaries (if ya haven't already read) it says that werewolves and weredogs transforming because of the influence of a moon is a misconception (within the story's world) unless it's the result or influence of a magic/supernatural moon. I had this werepoodle idea for some time now with the earliest version being some time at the start of the very decade. So many ideas would go around and change. If you wanna know the reason I changed it though, it's because I just found the whole "werewolf changing only under the moon" thing to not just be a bit of a limiting cliche but also how there isn't really any good reason for that to specifically happen. Why does it have to be under those circumstances specifically? Wolves howling at the moon is also a misconception in itself. It's just the result of some not well thought out myths and superstitions and I like it when werewolves, weredogs and other werebeasts can freely transform much better unless a story's canon gives good reason or lore why the moon has this specific impact.

Alright, so those are the pre-blog pictures that were made in mind for this AU specifically. Just felt like sharing them due to being relevant and I also wanted to make more content for this blog, but because of many things in the way preventing me from fully focusing on it, in the mean time I decided to just share some other related things to this 'verse that I haven't. I have each description, both on blog and on DA is informative enough for what I have to give out already. Hopefully I get more free time to upload some new content soon. (Originally posted to DA 1/18/22)