Saturday, January 13, 2024

Time For School

It’s morning time, Betty Boop and Bimbo have been staying warm inside her comfy home and room. It seems to have remained a calm and peaceful night. Betty finally wakes up to her gleeful surprise that her beloved Bimbo has been resting in a sleeping bag on her floor.


“Ha… hi! Morning Bim-Bim! H-hah. I am still so very sleepy. How are you doing?” She said very gently and slowly. “Oh, uh hi Betty! I’m good… so uh… remember anything that happened recently? Ya know… before you fell asleep and all?” Bimbo was sorta half asleep and half awake but opened his eyes a bit once he heard Betty. “Oh-h… no, not really. I barely remember anything haha! My brain is kinda fuzzy teehee…” Bimbo just looked at her in silence. “All I could remember was dreaming about bubbles… sweet bubbles… not really much else.” Betty said. “…Weeelllll ooookaaaaayyy.” Bimbo said. “Hey, don’t we have school today?” Betty said still sorta tired. “Yeah… good thing we’re both technically homeschooled by Grampy. Well, I guess it’s more homeschool for you since this is your home but y’know what I mean.”


“Oh yeah haha! You got banned from several buildings in the city, including several schools, for being labeled as a ‘menace to society’ or something? Your curse and connection to Hell also throws some people off. Hhhh… and your parents don’t have enough money to move or travel to another place for your schooling and they don’t plan to.” Betty said still sleepily and slowly. “Er… um… yeah heheh…” Bimbo said in a slightly awkward tone. “Not like I care cause I’m a bad boy who’s too cool for school anyways! …Except Grampy’s school cause that’s cool.” Bimbo now tried to say in a proud tone. “Well, I’m glad we can both be homeschooled together! I made sure I got the same treatment too because I love being with you no matter what!” Betty went and gave Bimbo a tired hug. “Aw, I like being with you too.” Bimbo hugged back.


The pair got themselves prepared, with brushing their teeth, eating breakfast and putting on new clothes. “Hey Bimbo, you just snapped your fingers to give us new clothing did you fuel up on spirit energy again?” Betty said now half sleepy and pointing at Bimbo out of confusion with her eyes in different directions. “Mmmmmm… yes maybe yes…” Bimbo said with a blank stare. “Ah… okay… c-cool.” There was complete silence from both for one minute and then Betty collapsed on the floor and snored loudly. Bimbo snapped his fingers to wake her up feeling all energized. “WOW! WOW! WOW! BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP DOOP DOOP DOOP DOOP DOOP DOOP DOOP!” Betty started running all over the place like a mad-gal. “Guess I gave you too much energy. Ah well, let’s go and meet Grampy his alarm should be going off anytime soon.” The two sat in the living room, waiting for Grampy.


“BOOP A DOOP A DOO BOOP A DOOP A DOO BOOP A DOOP A DOO!” Betty was jumping up and down on the sofa and acted like she was on crack. “You okay, colonel?” Betty’s head slowly turned to face Bimbo making a cracking noise. “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” Betty let out a loud shockwave of excitement. Bimbo crashed into a wall but because he also had the hacks of lots of soul energy, so it didn’t hurt… that much. “Heh… guess I should try to use this energy to energize myself then…” Moments later… “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA” both did a simultaneous, synchronized scream in unison. Grampy started walking in, with his thinking cap on, to witness his two little crack headed students.


“Mornin’ children! Nice to see you are all rising and shining today!” The old man said. “AAAAAAAAAA!!!” They kept energetically screaming. “So, first things first, I suggest ya tone things down a notch cause we still have to wait for Koko to join us!” The two energetic fucks then simultaneously got less energized but were okay with waiting for their friend. “Second things second, I should mention that I am not really Grampy. I am a highly sophisticated and advanced A.I. that he has created that perfectly imitates him. Because of a very small supernatural chip, used with supernaturally enhanced science, that he put inside of his brain, me and him share a psychic link! Isn’t that swell!” Betty and Bimbo looked at each other in confusion but then shrugged. “Sounds like something he would do.” Said Bimbo. “Yeah, I’d be more surprised if he HADN’T done something like that by now.” Betty said. “Finally, third things third, I am part of a series of several other Grampy robots currently being made down in his funky little laboratory! Remember to not tamper with them children! Other than that, please be patient and have fun as long as you aren’t doing things in a reckless way. Haha!”


“Hmm…” Bimbo started thinking and had a mischievous grin. “Bimbo! You better not be thinking of doing something mischievous with my Grampy’s inventions!” Betty waved her finger at Bimbo angrily. “Actually… you know what? With the shit that happened recently I think it’s better not to fuck with anything… for a while.” Bimbo stopped grinning. “Good boy! I’m not sure what caused you to have such a change of heart, but I am hoping it’s genuine of you!” Betty smiled but then looked at him sternly and wearily. “You… really don’t remember?” Bimbo asked concerned. “If you are talking about recently, I remember after you exploded cause of our ruined date, I got home… and I fell asleep, had a strange dream of you saving me from something… and… you were right on my floor when I woke up!” Betty said being serious. “But earlier you said you could only remember dreaming about bubbles!” Bimbo said concerned and confused. “Well, you know I am QUITE forgetful! Hmmph! Not my fault I don’t have photographic memory!” Betty started getting a bit fussy.


“Now settle down children! No need to get all upset here!” The Grampy robot replica said. “Sorry Grampy- er I mean Not Grampy? Robo-Grampy? Grampy Robot?” Question marks floated over Betty’s head. “Any name you are comfortable identifying me with is fine.” The robot replied. “Um… okay. Guess I’ll just call you teacher! Haha!” As Betty was laughing gleefully Bimbo was very concerned. “Something… with that thing… must’ve fucked with her memory. I know Betty is the type to get lost in her dreams and forget about many things in reality but…” He thought to himself. “I have to find out what’s going on with my girl.” Bimbo tried to use his mass acquired spirit energy to look into her soul… but then…


“H-hey! Where did all my big spirit energy go? Did I already loose too much? Even from that big ass pool? Goddamit!” Bimbo started sweating nervously. “Maybe the spirits floated away Bimbo! I thought it was SO obvious that sometimes spirits will sometimes possess bodies only to leave them, Mr. Remember It All!” Betty said while making an “XP” face. “But that’s not how I got the spirits! I drank from a pool full of them!” “Now why would you do that?” “Because I was hungry!” “That’s insane! I’m hoping they weren’t hurt by you eating them alive!” “They were barely even conscious! They were just energy!” “How do you know?” Bimbo just sat there in silence and put his hand to his head. “Ugh… Betty why do you have to be like this today…” “Be like what?!”


“Hey uh, please quit yer bickering! If you fight any more, I may have to punish you both!” The Grampy robot said. Betty and Bimbo both just sat there in silence and didn’t say a peep. “So, I have received a message that Koko will not be able to join us today, due to him and his family having to fend off some entities trying to attack their house.” The robot said. “Oh well that sucks…” Bimbo said. “Second of all, I-” Just then the Grampy bot spontaneously combusted and exploded. The two on the couch screamed very loudly then looked at each other. They then looked at their phones. “Hmm strange I didn’t get any messages from Koko or his relatives.” Betty said. “Me neither you think that bot glitched? …Or could it be, something else?” Bimbo said looking at Betty ominously. “Oh no…” Just then they heard a large crash, things falling and an explosion nearby.


“That sounds like… IT CAME FROM THE LABORATORY!” They said simultaneously. The two started running. Betty grabbed a remote that gave her and Bimbo access to her Grampy’s lab. The two went in, it was truly such a large place as it’s very interior is made from supernaturally enhanced technology that can shape it to the owner’s whim. Betty and Bimbo took out their weapons, her microphone and his guns respectively. “Hmm strange everything looks normal.” Betty whispered as the two were walking slowly and carefully. “Yeah, nothing seems broken or tampered with… suspicious…” Bimbo replied darting his eyes around. Just then the two stopped to see a very large, gigantic even, mechanical monstrosity some feet away from the munching on what appeared to be unfinished Grampy robots. It had the appearance of an orb standing on several tendrils with a highly vague resemblance to a face. Bimbo instantly started aiming at it. “Wait Bimbo! Be patient what if it attacks!” Betty tried to put Bimbo’s arms down but luckily for the two the monster didn’t attack but instead ran away. “Huh?!” The two said simultaneously.


“After it! No one eats my Grampy’s hard work even if it’s kooky!” Betty said. The two started chasing it and it ran and ran. Suddenly it teleported out. “Oh god.” Bimbo put his hand to his head out of frustration. “Maybe if you let me blast it wouldn’t have gotten away!” “Hmmph, well how do you know it wouldn’t have still gotten away? Could have just teleported to avoid your blasts.” Betty said with her hands folded all sassily. “Ugh! Whatever! Let’s just get out of here and hopefully find that thing!” Betty pressed the remote and they were in the living room again. “Before that, we should check on Grampy!” Betty said worried. “What if we don’t have time for that!” Bimbo shouted but Betty was already going to his room. Bimbo followed.


“Grampy?! Are you okay!” Betty shouted worried for him while barging into his room. Grampy was sound asleep. “Oh good… he’s fine…” Betty sighed with relief. “You don’t find it concerning how he’s been sleeping for an awful while? I know old people sleep a lot but…” Bimbo said. “Knowing my Grampy, he probably made some weird tech devices to sustain him while he sleeps. It could be part of some weird experiment of his.” “Good point.” The two then closed his door and rushed outside. “Now where is that robotic thing?” Bimbo got a shotgun out. “Hey, Bimbo why are we outside? Aren’t we supposed to have school right now?” Betty said a bit dizzy. “You’ve gotta be kidding me! Not at a time like this!” “Wait I remember! A robot ate our lunch and we gotta go after it!” “Er… close enough! Now c’mon let’s go!” The two ran and ran until they could find the mechanized menace.


After a while they took a break and sat down on a nearby bench. “God, I feel oddly sleepy.” Said Bimbo. “So do I…” said Betty. “We should probably head back.” Bimbo said. “Yeah, we just have to-” Betty was about to say but then the two fell asleep at the same time. Just then the two slowly woke up and saw that they weren’t where they once were. “Hey Bimbo, why does everything seem so, cold and steely inside?” “Beats me but- wait we are inside the robot, are we?” They were indeed inside of the robot. Betty and Bimbo sat in silence for a few seconds. “So, what do we do now?” Bimbo said. “I dunno, it was YOUR idea to go after the robot!” Betty replied. “Hey, don’t go and turn this into the blame game!” Suddenly they were interrupted. “Hey guys how are you doing?” Said a familiar voice. “KOKO?!” The two said at the same time.


With a warm smile and a wave Koko was also indeed inside of the robot. “Hey Koko, Betty’s gramps made a robot and was having a bunch of others being made, and the already made one was trying to be our teacher and all and gave us a message that you couldn’t come cause your family’s home was being attacked and shit, it then exploded and then this giant robot started eating the other robots and teleported away and we went to find it but I guess it caught us while we accidentally fell asleep. Was it true you couldn’t come because of that or was it just a cover up made by the robot probably hacking shit or using whatever weird tech stuff it could do?” Bimbo said. “Yeah, me and my family were getting attacked.” “Well was it from this thing? Did it kidnap you and your fam?” “Er, no. We were just getting attacked by a bunch of ghosts, or spirits, or phantoms. My family is safe and sound and aren’t with me. I just kinda… slid in here?” “Why tho?” Both said. “Was curious.” The clown replied.


The two just looked at each other and shrugged at his response. “You know… maybe those ghost spirit phantoms were rampaging from Bimbo tormenting them while eating them alive and dead!” Betty said fussy again. “Hey I drank not ate! And I didn’t think any were conscious!” Bimbo said furious again. “Same difference.” “Who knows if it even was the same ones?! It could have been a coincidence!” Before the two could bicker more they were stopped. “Hey guys, please calm down. I don’t wanna see you fight, okay? I’m not sure what happened between you too, but spirits always roam in my area all the time haha!” Koko tried to get them to calm down. “Well when I was in Hell I was forced to get so hungry that I had to drink a pool of liquid spirits, which I FELT weren’t very conscious, and Betty seems to have gotten her brain and memories a bit warped by a bubblegum creature that tried to copy her appearance, possess her and kill her.” “Why you- WAIT WHAT?!” Betty said shocked. “Hmm.” Koko being the smartest and most intelligent of the three buffoons started thinking.


He then went to Bimbo and Betty and put his hands on their big fucking heads. As a shapeshifting goo creature himself, Koko’s currently solid form then shifted into a semi-solid then liquid state and then analyzed Bimbo and Betty down to the microscopic level. It was like he had the power of psychometry once he focused enough. “So as you know it’s not like I can always get a 100% accurate reading but, as someone who tends to study these things a lot, it seems like you guys have made an encounter with some sort of demons. I can still sense some of their remnants on you. Bimbo’s should be more obvious… for obvious reasons… as for Betty…” Koko said as he was pulling something out from her nose. “I found these very tiny wads of gum coming out of your brain. No new ones seem to be coming out anymore, likely because it was a creature who’s power stops being in effect once it dies, but it’s few living yet presumably non sentient pieces were still lingering in there.” Betty made a face cringing in disgust. “Eeeeeewwwww! But thank you for removing it…” “No problem.” Koko said corrosively destroying the goo with his own goo.


“Since I guess the robo-teacher has, um, passed on… want me to teach you guys some things?” Koko asked politely. “Uh sure.” “Why not?” Said Bimbo and Betty respectively. “Okay so first things first, as we know, people have collectively defined the idea of planes of existence. There are many beliefs and philosophies around the world of what exactly a plane is and how many there could be, but for the most part, those considered ‘professionals’ on the natural and the supernatural have stated there are two planes the physical and the astral also known as the spiritual plane.” “Yeah yeah, we know all this already.” Bimbo said rudely. “You asked me to teach didn’t you?” “Yes.” “Cool, now shut your trap and let me continue.” Koko said with an annoyed smile.


“Anyways, the astral plane is where spirit energy is on, spirit energy is technically everywhere just like with matter on the physical plane. Matter makes up an individual’s physical body, spiritual energy makes up an individual’s soul, also known as a spirit and astral body. Many believe there is power within the soul, but power is a versatile concept that manifests in different ways. How easy it is to tap into this power can vary from person to person. Creatures such as demons can easily manipulate and absorb this power as they are beings naturally inclined to aspects and traits of the soul. Feeding on souls or certain aspects of them are a huge part of a demons diet, many can only live off of souls. There is our own realm of Earth, a physical world that can be warped by the astral powers of the soul and spiritual energy and the inverse being the realm of the Demons, a highly spiritual, mental and astral world that can warp into being physical. While seen as vastly different realms, the two are inherently interconnected.” “Hey aren’t we in a giant robot? Lol, when are we gonna get out.” Bimbo interrupted again. “You know if you’re getting bored you can just say that.” Koko furled his eyebrows.


“I do think it is a good question, when are we gonna get out of the robot? I’m hungry! I think it stole our dinner right?” Said Betty. “No Betty, it didn’t steal any of our dinner.” Responded Bimbo. “Breakfast then?” “No…” They all sat there in silence for a bit. “You know I can just corrode ourselves out…” Said Koko. “Yeah that’s a great idea!” “Koko is so smart!” Said Betty and Bimbo respectively. “Okay now just hold on.” Koko was about to easily break out of the robot, but then it was not so easy as the robot destroyed his arms off without a trace in a split second. “Aw honk dammit!” “YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ESCAPE, NOT YET!” The robot said in an extremely loud and robotic voice. “MUST CONSUME MORE METAL, AND MORE SOULS, BUT YOU ARE NOT OF MY ACQUIRED TASTE. YET I CANNOT LET YOU ESCAPE.” “Oh no! Are we gonna be stuck forever? Waaaaaah!” Betty cried. “Calm down Betty, you know that’s not how things usually go for us.” Bimbo said. “Are you some kind of demon robot?” Koko simply asked. “AFFIRMATIVE.” “Did you consume Bimbo’s spirit energy he consumed?” “ABSOLUTELY, AND THE GHOSTS IN YOUR AREA TOO.” “What is your goal?” “MUNCH. MUNCH.”


As Koko was slowly regrowing new arms the robot zapped the trio very shockingly and painfully. The screams were quite supernaturally electrifying. “Okay that is some real potent energy! We at least now know what it’s responsible for and what it wants.” Koko adjusted his hat as he and the gang slowly got up. “HEY CHILDREN!” A holographic projection of Grampy popped out of nowhere jumpscaring the three and causing them to scream again. “Aw haha, sorry, didn’t mean to scare ya! As my robot with a psychic link said! I have a very tiny supernatural chip lodged into my noggin! So not only can I have a link with my robots I can also summon holographic projections of myself! Ain’t that swell!” “How come the robot isn’t you but the hologram is actually you?” Bimbo asked. “Because… one is A.I. copying me and the other is like, er, I guess you can say my virtual avatar?” “Um, k.” “Hmm, looks like you’re all stuck inside a demon robot! That’s a shame. Good thing what isn’t a shame is because it ate my robots I can ugh… probably… hack into… it.” The Grampy projection tried hacking into it while making a strained face. KABOOM!


The robot then exploded and imploded at the same time. Luckily Koko put up a blob barrier around everyone so they wouldn’t be harmed of hurt. “Ok now we just need to-“ All of a sudden the Grampy projection shut off. “Grampy!” Betty shouted. “Hey where the fuck are we anyways?” Said Bimbo. “YOU DO NOT HACK ROBOT, ROBOT HACKS YOU!” The robot remade its body and said in the most monotone form of what could even be called anger. The robot summoned Grampy’s actual body then ruthlessly beat the shit out of it with its metallic tendrils. As the gang watched in horror they tried to confront the robot but it warped them back to Grampy’s home. “Ahhh! I’m glad we’re back home but no! My Grampy is getting his ass beat!” Betty cried. Just after she said that Grampy was warped back home all fucked up. “Hey… I’m still alive… and well…” He said as he coughs up blood and teeth. “Grampy!” Betty went to hug him. “Ah… sweet granddaughter. Don’t worry about me… with the power of super technology I should be able to HUUURGGHHH!” Grampy started coughing up blood, nuts and bolts. “Actually send me to the fucking hospital please. This is beyond supernatural pain.”


After calling an ambulance and sending Grampy to the hospital the gang sat in the living room feeling… upset. “Aw, poor Grampy. I feel so bad, he looked really fucked up!” Betty frowned. “Eh, he’ll probably be fine, aren’t we gonna talk about how there’s a killer robot on the loose?” Said Bimbo. “Well, aren’t there several killer robots always on the loose? Including demon ones? Unfortunately it’s not like it’s a unique incident but-” “Shut your trap, Koko.” “Make me.” Bimbo and Koko took out their weapons, mechanically made ones and ones made from his blob body respectively. Then they started fighting each other. “Boys stop! You’re gonna mess up the house! At least take it outside!” Betty tried to get them to stop. Just then Pudgy walked by near them. They all stopped and went to look at Pudgy being a cute little idiot of a pet non sapient dog. “Awwww!” They all went. Just then, Pudgy started shaking and a bunch of mechanical wires and tendrils ate the gang. “HAHA, GOOD THING THE ELDERLY INDIVIDUAL ALSO PUT A CHIP IN THE DOG.” The robot said in its monotone laugh.


Unfortunately, the gang didn’t really properly get to go to school today, and their teacher is in the hospital. But that is okay because it is okay. Perhaps the moral of the story is do not be so overconfident that even your super-technologically infused data chips will be safe from being hacked by demon robots.